September 06, 2010

My Top Ten Impressive Friends

Me and Moe Money McCoy
 I was just going through my phone, looking for a number, and it hit me: some of my friends are a big deal. I mean, really, they all are, but some are intimidating, in a way. A lot of my buddies make things happen on a regular basis, but I talk to them so often, I'm used to it (you know who you are - Kofi, Terrance, Mark etc.). With some of them, though, I try not to wear out my welcome. A couple of bogus calls, and you'll be leaving voice messages from then on - you know what I'm talking about. I figured I'd do a quick post on my current top-ten list, in Chicago (in no particular order).
  1. Marshaun Williams - This is one well-connected dude - and talented. He always has something big going on, and is mad young. I'm impressed with his hustle. 
  2. QDotcom - In my opinion, the most under-rated rapper in Chicago - and I think he knows it. He actually turned down a free music video offer from me because the concept was too small. 
  3. Sheku Swaray and Timbucktu - Two people, but equal in respect from me. Their music and grind is incredible. Real talk, I'm a little star-struck. 
  4. Juan Diaz - Possibly the only person more connected that Marshaun XD. This guy knows everybody, and is responsible for more of my personal connections than anyone in Chicago. 
  5. B. Ford - THE BEST R&B-Rapper in Chicago - period. Not one of the best - the best. Anybody better, you gotta show me. 
  6. Marcus East - I had no idea this guy had that kind of talent. I also didn't know he does the same thing I do, for a bigger company. 
  7. Carla D - Networking at its best. She knows how to meet, and stay in contact with, the right people. 
  8. J'mme Love - He will be a big-deal one day. 
  9. Moe Money McCoy - I only met him by chance, and I still can't believe my luck (blessings).  His resume smashes mine, and I could learn a lot from him.  
  10. V.I.R.U. - This guy is a low-key big deal. He turns down record offers on a regular basis. His interview on uHeard had more views in one week, than all of the other videos, from day-one of uHeard, put together. And he didn't even push it. 
Hit me back and let me know what you think, or if you put together a list - especially if I'm on it XD

1 comment:

  1. I AGREE WITH YOU BRO ...LBVS....THATS ALL LUV...FINNA SHOW EM ALL THOUGH...MAD VIDEOS AND MUSIC COMING -FORD

    ReplyDelete