July 18, 2010

Ladies, I'm loosing confidence. . .

I've been doing this independent media thing for a few years now, and for the most part it has been fun - meeting new people, being the first to play hits, watching artists "blow up," all of that. I've got to admit, however, I'm loosing confidence in my ladies. Where's your grind?

Aside from Ms. Cristal and Joy Tolentino, all of my other female artists have been flops. Early on, I attributed a lot of it to wisdom on the ladies part; it's dangerous to meet strange men off of the internet. It's different now, however. I'm in the game with a track record - proof of what I do. Yet still, I'm running across a lot of flops. And the thing that makes it worse is that 100% of them contact me first! Just this week, two artists agreed to interviews, and then never showed up, called, or emailed - costing me time and money.

What's good, ladies? Where are ya'll at?

No comments:

Post a Comment