July 11, 2010

Marky McFly and Freddy King Shoot

This is a personal-experience post - a little something about what keeps me going.

If you haven't had a chance to check out the show from June with Freddy King and Marky McFly, here is a link to the Freddy King clip:



If you follow the show, then you know there are three blocks, so this is just a third of what we did that week/night. Everthing was so crazy because I was just getting back from Carolina, and we had all of this shooting scheduled. The day started off with a lot of headaches at home that put me back a couple of hours. Naturally, I wanted to bail. I was tired, it was hot, King was in Glendale Heights (a 2-hour commute for me with traffic), we were way-the-hell-behind on shooting time, and it was costing me money.

Man, am I glad I stuck with it. We ended up shooting Mark's video in like 30-minutes (and had fun doing it), we were able to get some footage in front of some Ferraris at Trump's Tower, King did a great interview, and Chicago is just the place to be on a summer night. And really, I was just holding it down with a few homies. Young Doug (my dude for a few years, now) ran the camera, Fly Boy is like a little brother, and King and I go way back - late 90's, fam. I hadn't seen him in years, and it was tight to be able to show him what I do. It just turned out to be a fantastic night.

No comments:

Post a Comment